My Kid’s Club Needs You!
My Kid’s Club Currently Seeks a Counselor
Join a passionate team with a growing organization serving youth 6 to 16 serving Johnston County, North Carolina. My Kid’s Club (MKC) delivers daily programming to students designed to help them learn the skills and attitudes they need to grow academically, succeed in their chosen career, and give back to the community. Our Clubs are located on the campuses of Selma Elementary School and South Smithfield Elementary School.
Under the direction of the Director of Clubs, a Counselor provides direct care and supervision for Club members, provides leadership and guidance to youth members and is responsible for implementing daily programming and activities. A Counselor provides a safe, joyful, and empowering experience to youth members, promotes academic success, growth in character, civic engagement, and other habits that underscore healthy living as part of the My Kid’s Club’s mission.
- Care for, inspire and manage children 6 to 16 from varying backgrounds
- Implement program activities in an appropriate and excited manner consistent with MKC values
- Make personal, meaningful relationships with all members, staff, and parents
- Provide enjoyable and safe experiences for all youth, including growth and development opportunities
- Provide leadership and guidance for volunteer staff
- Adhere to program standards and all risk management policies and procedures including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
- Attend daily staff meetings, periodic training, and special events as required
- Communicate positively with members, participants, and other staff
- Clean and organize rooms for daily operations
Experience & Expertise Required
- Two or four-year degree from a college or university
- Experience teaching or as teacher assistant in a classroom setting or after school program
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances, including strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Great communication skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Passion for youth education
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
- Position requires bending, reaching and constant movement
Location: My Kid’s Club – Selma Location
Hours: 3:00 to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday